- Exploring Immersive Virtual Environments for Well Placement Optimization in Reservoir Models. [pdf]
- Introduction [video]
- Connectivity Analysis [video]
- Immersive Virtual Environments [video]
- Evaluation [video]
UNDERGRADUATE COURSE PROJECT
- High-level Authoring Tools in Augmented Reality: Analysis and Case Study. [pdf]
PEER-REVIEWED CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
- Sahaf Z., Marbouti M., Mota R. C., Alemasson H., Maurer F., Sousa M. C., "PipeVis: Interactive Visual Exploration of Pipeline Incident Data," in International EuroVis Workshop on Visual Analytics (EuroVA). Barcelona, Spain. 2017.
- Mota, R. C. R., Cartwright, S., Sharlin, E.; Hamdi, H., Sousa, M. C., Chen, Z., "Exploring Immersive Interfaces for Well Placement Optimization in Reservoir Models," Proceedings of the ACM Symposium on Spatial User Interaction (SUI). Tokyo, Japan. 2016. [pdf]
- Mota, R. C. R., Rea, D. J., Le Tran, A., Young, J. E., Sharlin, E., Sousa, M. C., "Playing the 'Trust Game' with Robots: Social Strategies and Experiences," Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN). New York, USA. 2016. [pdf]
- Nayebi, M., Ruhe, G., Mota, R. C., and Mufti, M., "Analytics for Software Project Management - Where Are We and Where Do We Go?," in Actionable Analytics for Software Management (ACTION15), Lincoln, Nebr., USA, 2015.
- Mota, R. C., Roberto, R., Teichrieb, V., "Authoring Tools in Augmented Reality: An Analysis and Classification of Content Design Tools," Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR), Fukuoka, Japan, 2015. [Poster] [pdf]
- Mota, R. C. et al., "BlockIT: Tangible Interfaces for Music Education," Proceedings of the Workshop for Virtual and Augmented Reality (WRVA), São Paulo, Brazil, pp. 16-21, 2014. [pdf]
- Roberto, R. A., Lima, J. P., Mota, R. C., Teichrieb, V. (2016) Authoring Tools for Augmented Reality: An Analysis and Classification of Content Design Tools. In: Marcus A. (eds) Design, User Experience, and Usability: Technological Contexts. DUXU 2016. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 9748. Springer, Cham. [pdf]
PANEL-REVIEWED CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
- Mota, R. C., Sousa, M. C., Hamdi, H., Sharlin, E., Zhangxing, C., "A Visual Framework Reservoir Connectivity Analysis," in 78th European Association of Geoscientists & Engineers Conference & Exhibition. Vienna, Austria. 2016. [pdf]
- Roberto, R., Lima, J. P., Mota, R. C., Teichrieb, V., "Authoring Tools for Augmented Reality: An Analysis and Classification of Content DesignTools," Proceedings of the International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCII). Toronto, Canada. 2016.
- Sahaf, Z., Marbouti, M., Alemasson, H., Mota, R. C., Sousa, M. C., Maurer, F., "PipeVis: Interactive Visual Analytics of Pipeline Incident Data," in Young Pipeline Association of Canada Pipeline Conference (YPAC). Alberta, Canada. 2015.
- Mota, R. C. R., "Immersive Virtual Environments for Reservoir Analysis,” presented at the 9th Annual Reservoir Simulation Consortium Technical Symposium, Calgary, AB, Canada, 2017. [video - part 1] [video - part 2]
- Mota, R. C., Sousa, M.C., Hamdi, H., Alim, U., Rocha, A., "Interactive Visualization for Reservoir Connectivity Analysis,” presented at the 1st Annual Reservoir Visualization Technical Symposium, Calgary, AB, Canada, 2015.