- Exploring Immersive Virtual Environments for Well Placement Optimization in Reservoir Models. [pdf]
- UCalgary Student Spotlight: interview about the thesis. [link]
- Introduction [video]
- Connectivity Analysis [video]
- Immersive Virtual Environments [video]
- Evaluation [video]
UNDERGRADUATE COURSE PROJECT
- High-level Authoring Tools in Augmented Reality: Analysis and Case Study. [pdf]
- Rocha, A.; Mota, R. C. R.; Alim, U.; Hamid, H.; Costa Sousa, M. "Illustrative Multivariate Visualization for Geological Modelling,” Eurographics Conference on Visualization (EuroVis), 2018. (to appear)
PEER-REVIEWED CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
- Sahaf Z., Hamdi H., Mota R. C. R., Maurer F., Costa Sousa M., "A Visual Analytics Framework for Exploring Uncertainties in Reservoir Models," in 9th International Conference on Information Visualization Theory and Applications (IVAPP). Madeira, Portugal. 2018.
- Stark, J. T.; Mota R. C. R.; Sharlin, E.; Tang, A., "Personal Space Intrusion in Human-Robot Collaboration,” ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction, 2018. [Poster].
- Sahaf Z., Marbouti M., Mota R. C., Alemasson H., Maurer F., Sousa M. C., "PipeVis: Interactive Visual Exploration of Pipeline Incident Data," in International EuroVis Workshop on Visual Analytics (EuroVA). Barcelona, Spain. 2017.
- Mota, R. C. R., Cartwright, S., Sharlin, E.; Hamdi, H., Sousa, M. C., Chen, Z., "Exploring Immersive Interfaces for Well Placement Optimization in Reservoir Models," Proceedings of the ACM Symposium on Spatial User Interaction (SUI). Tokyo, Japan. 2016. [pdf]
- Mota, R. C. R., Rea, D. J., Le Tran, A., Young, J. E., Sharlin, E., Sousa, M. C., "Playing the 'Trust Game' with Robots: Social Strategies and Experiences," Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN). New York, USA. 2016. [pdf]
- Nayebi, M., Ruhe, G., Mota, R. C., and Mufti, M., "Analytics for Software Project Management - Where Are We and Where Do We Go?," in Actionable Analytics for Software Management (ACTION15), Lincoln, Nebr., USA, 2015.
- Mota, R. C., Roberto, R., Teichrieb, V., "Authoring Tools in Augmented Reality: An Analysis and Classification of Content Design Tools," Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR), Fukuoka, Japan, 2015. [Poster] [pdf]
- Mota, R. C. et al., "BlockIT: Tangible Interfaces for Music Education," Proceedings of the Workshop for Virtual and Augmented Reality (WRVA), São Paulo, Brazil, pp. 16-21, 2014. [pdf]
- Roberto, R. A., Lima, J. P., Mota, R. C., Teichrieb, V. (2016) Authoring Tools for Augmented Reality: An Analysis and Classification of Content Design Tools. In: Marcus A. (eds) Design, User Experience, and Usability: Technological Contexts. DUXU 2016. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 9748. Springer, Cham. [pdf]
PANEL-REVIEWED CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
- Mota, R. C., Sousa, M. C., Hamdi, H., Sharlin, E., Zhangxing, C., "A Visual Framework Reservoir Connectivity Analysis," in 78th European Association of Geoscientists & Engineers Conference & Exhibition. Vienna, Austria. 2016. [pdf]
- Roberto, R., Lima, J. P., Mota, R. C., Teichrieb, V., "Authoring Tools for Augmented Reality: An Analysis and Classification of Content DesignTools," Proceedings of the International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCII). Toronto, Canada. 2016.
- Sahaf, Z., Marbouti, M., Alemasson, H., Mota, R. C., Sousa, M. C., Maurer, F., "PipeVis: Interactive Visual Analytics of Pipeline Incident Data," in Young Pipeline Association of Canada Pipeline Conference (YPAC). Alberta, Canada. 2015.
- Data Analytics in Augmented and Virtual Reality: Applications to the Oil and Gas Industry, the 38th Annual Canadian Association of Petroleum Landmen (CAPL) Conference, 2017 Calgary, AB.
- Mota, R. C. R., "Immersive Virtual Environments for Reservoir Analysis,” presented at the 9th Annual Reservoir Simulation Consortium Technical Symposium, Calgary, AB, Canada, 2017. [video - part 1] [video - part 2]
- Mota, R. C., Sousa, M.C., Hamdi, H., Alim, U., Rocha, A., "Interactive Visualization for Reservoir Connectivity Analysis,” presented at the 1st Annual Reservoir Visualization Technical Symposium, Calgary, AB, Canada, 2015.